Production Blog: Film Review


Today I’m here to talk about the film review for our final project. The first strength I would like to point out is the atmosphere I was able to create with the editing lighting features. But even before that the group was able to choose a nice location and was able to do it during a certain time when the lighting was already picture-perfect. Another strength I would like to point out is our creativity. We drew the title in the dirt to add a cliche style to our horror film. Meanwhile, our plot is what you would expect from an old horror movie before the 2000’s.  you can see the creativity shine when we play our roles. Each of us made our character more lively but going off script made the film much better. What I love about our film the most is the suspense. We set up multiple opportunities for fake suspense by having fake buildups making the viewer think they were going to get jump scared but in reality, nothing happened. Some flaws are as I mentioned before, there is a predictable plot. I still believe in our creativity but I showed it to a couple of my other friends and they were able to predict some of it before it happened. One flaw I didn’t even notice that was pointed out to me is our inconsistent tone. We’re not the best actors and it was clear by the way we kept smiling during some scenes such as when Myles gets murdered. And our biggest flaw in my opinion is no character development. Because our film is only 2 minutes it doesn’t allow for any characters to better themselves through it. Four characters between two minutes isn’t ample to create character development. Thank you for reading. And as always, don’t have a good day, have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Group for the Music Video